ChordSmith Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solved - One song will not load into set lists

2 posters

Go down

Solved - One song will not load into set lists Empty Solved - One song will not load into set lists

Post by dave_t Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:39 pm

I have one song, stored as a text file, in tab format (chord letters in the line above the lyrics), that will not load into any set lists.
I created it the same way as every other song file I have (in Notepadd++). I've tried renaming it.  I've tried loading it by right clicking from within the set list, by using the "+" button on the set list toolbar, and by right clicking on the file on the main Chordsmith file list.
It opens normally from the main file list and displays and scrolls correctly. It transposes correctly.
I'm using Chordsmith 8.8 under Windows 10.
Has anyone esle had a similar problem?
Any suggestions on what to try next?
The song is "Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams. Maybe Chordsmith thinks it's overplayed and shoudldn't be in any more set lists?  : )

Thanks
Dave_t

Last edited by dave_t on Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total

dave_t

Back to top Go down

Solved - One song will not load into set lists Empty Re: Solved - One song will not load into set lists

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:48 pm

Dave_t,

Interesting problem. Would you send me a copy of that file so I can duplicate the problem and find the answer? You can send it directly to the email address shown here: http://www.statistics101.net/chordsmith/emailform.asp

Thanks,

John

Admin
Admin

https://chordsmith.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Solved - One song will not load into set lists Empty Re: Solved - One song will not load into set lists

Post by dave_t Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:58 am

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm kicking myself. After spending a couple of hours trouble shooting, I finally looked closely at the file and realized I had put in a "duration" command, opening with a curly bracket, but closing with a square bracket. I'm pretty glad I found that myself, rather than sending you the file and having you point it out   : )

P.E.B.K.A.C.  User error. Works fine now.

Love the program. It's the only reason I still keep Java on my laptop.

Thanks again.

Dave

dave_t

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:35 pm

Dave,

Glad you found it! Also glad that you love the program. The next version (8.9) of ChordSmith will have keyboard shortcuts to add square brackets and curly brackets. For example, if you type Ctrl+[, it will insert the left and right brackets and move the cursor to be between them, all in that one stroke. If you type Ctrl+Shift+[ (which is Ctrl+{), it will insert the left and right curly braces and move the cursor to be between them.

John

Admin
Admin

https://chordsmith.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down