ChordSmith Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change default song length or set for each son

2 posters

Go down

Change default song length or set for each son Empty Change default song length or set for each son

Post by robertcbyrd Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:40 pm

Is there a way to change the default song length?

Also is there a way to save the song length for each song?

Thanks, Clyde

robertcbyrd

Back to top Go down

Change default song length or set for each son Empty Re: Change default song length or set for each son

Post by Admin Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:33 pm

Clyde,

I assume you're referring to the auto-scroll time for each song. The way you set a song's length is by using the ChordPro directive, "duration". For example, to set the duration to be 3 minutes and 30 seconds for a song you would add this line to your song:
{duration:3:30}
You can put that line (must be on its own separate line) anywhere in the song. I usually put it at the top just after the title or subtitle, like this:

Code:
I'll Do It All Over Again
Crystal Gayle
Written by Bob McDill and Wayne Holyfield
{duration:3:30}

D                 A7
Was I right was I wrong ...

There is no default duration. If a song doesn't have a duration directive, then the auto-scroll uses whatever "Song Length" happens to be set in the AutoScroll tab.
NOTE: you can add the {duration} directive to your song using the "Duration" tool on the ChordPro Tools tab. See the Help doc topic: "Adding ChordPro directives to Your Song". Or click on the "?" button on the "ChordPro Tools" tab.

Admin
Admin

https://chordsmith.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down