ChordSmith Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chordsmith installation

3 posters

Go down

Chordsmith installation Empty Chordsmith installation

Post by Tonia Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:08 am

Guten Tag an euch, ich bin neu hier, habe zufällig dieses Programm entdeckt und mehrfach versucht, es herunter zu laden und zu installieren. Die Anleitung ist für mich zu ungenau
Ich kann Chordsmith_10.00 entzippen. Aber dann gibt es im entstandenen Ordner keine Anwendungsdatei,

Nutze ich das 'installChordsmith, kann ich ebenfalls extrahieren, aber auch hier in dem neuen Ordner gibt es keine Anwendungsdatei.
Könntet ihr mir die genauen Schritte erklären, was ich wohin speichern und entzippen soll und wie die Anwenungsdatei dann heißt?
Lieben Dank an euch. Smile

Tonia

Back to top Go down

Chordsmith installation Empty Re: Chordsmith installation

Post by s0c7 Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:10 pm

Correct.. no executable file, a java library (.jar). You run it in the following manner..
On Windows, find java.exe (eg:  in "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11\bin") .
In a cmd (DOS) prompt go to that folder and enter:
java.exe -jar <path to ChordSmith>\ChordSmith.jar

You can also create a new shortcut on the desktop with the target something like...
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11\bin\java.exe" - jar <path to ChordSmith>\ChordSmith.jar

s0c7

Ramblify likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramblify Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:30 am

s0c7 wrote:Correct.. no executable file, a java library (.jar). You run it in the following manner..
On Windows, find java.exe (eg:  in "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11\bin") .
In a cmd (DOS) prompt go to that folder and enter:
java.exe -jar <path to ChordSmith>\ChordSmith.jar

You can also create a new shortcut on the desktop with the target something like...
"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-11\bin\java.exe" - jar <path to ChordSmith>\ChordSmith.jar

You have to check if you already have Java installed and if so which version it is - I found this link helpful:
Edit: (I cant post the link because I'm a new member)
At the beginning of installation for ChordSmith it comes up with some notes mentioning which version of Java you need to do the installation properly (I can't recall what it was).
So it appears you may have had an older version of Java and it couldn't read it. The link I put above has a step included to check the java version.

Ramblify

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down