ChordSmith Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dropbox Sync Options (or Google Drive)

2 posters

Go down

Dropbox Sync Options (or Google Drive) Empty Dropbox Sync Options (or Google Drive)

Post by reachalex Tue May 07, 2019 4:19 pm

Dear Developers,

Can you include the option to sync directly from local to Dropbox.
Or if the app can work from a cloud based location?

Thanks for your efforts.

Very cool application.

reachalex

Back to top Go down

Dropbox Sync Options (or Google Drive) Empty Re: Dropbox Sync Options (or Google Drive)

Post by Admin Tue May 07, 2019 8:33 pm

If you want to download a single song from Dropbox:
1. Select File>Open file...
2. Navigate to your user directory (C:\Users\yourAccountName), which is where the Dropbox system folder is usually found.
3. Select the Dropbox folder and click Open.
4. Navigate to the file of interest in the list (of Dropbox contents) that appears.
5. Select the file and click Open.

Similar process to above to upload files using the File>Save and File>Save As... menus.

If you want to always be connected to Dropbox, then set Dropbox or a subfolder of it to be the default Song Directory as follows:
1. Go to menu Edit>Preferences....
2. Select the General tab.
3. Click the Browse... button.
4. Navigate to Dropbox as described above.
5. Click Open.
6. Click OK.

Admin
Admin

https://chordsmith.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Dropbox Sync Options (or Google Drive) Empty Re: Dropbox Sync Options (or Google Drive)

Post by reachalex Sat May 11, 2019 5:50 pm

I dont have the dropbox app installed on my computer... I was thinking more of a cloud connect or whatever technical term is used for such a connection....

reachalex

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 11, 2019 8:11 pm

It will work the same with Google Drive. Just navigate as described above to "Users\yourAccountName\Google Drive" instead of Dropbox.

I don't plan to add a direct connection to a cloud service other than just described.

Admin
Admin

https://chordsmith.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum