ChordSmith Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Only transposes to Nashville numbers

2 posters

Go down

Only transposes to Nashville numbers Empty Only transposes to Nashville numbers

Post by willr Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:25 am

When I transpose to another key, I now only get Nashville numbers in the result.
It used to work properly: now I can't find the setting to transpose from Letter to Letter.
-I changed Keyboard dropdown to every option and only get numbers-
Thanks for any help!

Top image is before clicking Transpose, bottom is the result

Only transposes to Nashville numbers Csmith10

willr

Back to top Go down

Only transposes to Nashville numbers Empty Re: Only transposes to Nashville numbers

Post by Admin Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:18 pm

I can't reproduce that problem. Make sure you have the latest version of ChordSmith (8.1). Also, try transposing with another song file. I suspect there is something in the file you're having trouble with that causes the Transpose to abort.

If you can't find the problem, please upload the song file and I'll check it out.

Admin
Admin

https://chordsmith.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Only transposes to Nashville numbers Empty Re: Only transposes to Nashville numbers

Post by willr Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:19 pm

I found the problem.

The original file was a LibreOffice .odt file: cut/paste into Chordsmith results in Nashville Numbers.
Pasting .odt into Notepad, then cut/paste to Chordsmith also results in numbers (but I did not save as .txt)

*Save .odt file as .doc file, then cut/paste from .doc to Chordsmith: it works!

(No more .odt files for me!)

willr

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:49 pm

Yes, any files you copy into ChordSmith MUST be pure text and without tabs.

FYI, the way ChordSmith does the transposition is that it converts the "Old Key" to Nashville numbers, then converts the Nashville numbers to the "New Key". Looks like your file caused that process to abort after the first conversion.

Admin
Admin

https://chordsmith.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum